SPECIAL NOTE: This 10:00am performance is a sensory-friendly performance. To access tickets, please use the code SENSE19 when purchasing online or via The Bushnell Box Office.
When the class gets lost on the way to the planetarium, Ms. Frizzle saves the day by blasting into outer space for an epic interplanetary field trip! But when rivalries both old and new threaten to tear the students apart, our young heroes must learn to pull together or risk getting forever lost in the solar system… Hop on the Magic School Bus for a ride in Theatreworks USA’s new musical adaptation based on the original book series published by Scholastic.
Part of The Bushnell Children's Theatre sponsored by:
About Sensory-Friendly Performances
Sensory-friendly performances are designed to create a performing arts experience that is welcoming to all families and friends with children or adults who are diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder or other sensitivity issues.
Slight adjustments to the production are made and accommodations for these performances will include:
• Lower sound level, especially for startling or loud sounds;
• Lights remain on at a low level in the theater during the performance;
• A reduction of strobe lighting or lighting focused on the audience;
• Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance;
• Designated quiet areas within the theater lobby spaces, staffed with autism specialists;
• Space throughout the theater for standing and movement;
• Limited crowds and visitors at The Bushnell during the day and timing of the performance; and
• Bushnell staff and volunteers are trained to be inviting and accommodating to families' needs
Sensory-Friendly Services sponsored by: