Young adults on the Autism spectrum age 18+ are invited for a social at The Bushnell—food, activities & music!
Admission is $10 per person. For tickets, please call the Box Office at 860-987-5900.
Relaxed Programming Info
SPECIAL NOTE: This social is a relaxed event.
Relaxed events are designed to create an experience that is welcoming to all families and friends with children or adults who are diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder or other sensitivity issues.
Accommodations for these events will include:
- Lower sound level, especially for startling or loud sounds;
- Lights remain on at a low level during the event;
- A reduction of strobe lighting or lighting focused on the audience;
- Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the event;
- Designated quiet areas within the theater lobby spaces, staffed with autism specialists;
- Space throughout the event space for standing and movement;
- Limited crowds and visitors at The Bushnell during the day and timing of the event; and
- Bushnell staff and volunteers are trained to be inviting and accommodating to families' needs