Special Note: This FREE movie screening is a sensory-friendly event
Dory (Ellen DeGeneres) is a wide-eyed, blue tang fish who suffers from memory loss every 10 seconds or so. The one thing she can remember is that she somehow became separated from her parents as a child. With help from her friends Nemo and Marlin, Dory embarks on an epic adventure to find them. Her journey brings her to the Marine Life Institute, a conservatory that houses diverse ocean species. Dory now knows that her family reunion will only happen if she can save mom and dad from captivity.
Please call the Box Office to reserve your seats at 860-987-5900.
Sensory Friendly Performance
Sensory-friendly performances are designed to create a performing arts experience that is welcoming to all families and friends with children or adults who are diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder or other sensitivity issues.
Accommodations for these movie screenings will include:
- Lower sound level, especially for startling or loud sounds
- Lights remain on at a low level in the theater during the movie
- Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance
- Designated quiet areas within the theater lobby spaces, staffed with autism specialists
- Space throughout the theater for standing and movement
- Limited crowds and visitors at The Bushnell during the day and timing of the performance; and
- Bushnell staff and volunteers are trained to be inviting and accommodating to families' needs
The Bushnell sensory friendly movies sponsored in part by: