We're excited to share creative, hands-on, cooking and yoga activities and ideas that will remind you to take care of YOU!
Cooking with Paula: Come prepared to whip up a recipe that's simple and delicious - but still healthy! Prepare a pretty perfect parfait with Ms. P! Join me for class and we’ll learn how versatile this dessert, breakfast or snack can be. You will impress your family, friends and perhaps even yourself! Get ready to stir, shake and layer different ingredients to make that perfect parfait!
Yoga with Rachel: Through a combination of yoga postures, breathing practices and mindfulness exercises, families will receive gentle sensory stimulation to the muscles and joints while also supporting the nervous and neurological system. Facilitating motor response and triggering the brain may help with balance, behavior, focus, strength, self-regulation/confidence and concentration…open to all, no experience necessary!
(Recommended for ages 7+)
Locations: Seaverns Room (Cooking Workshop) and Autorino Great Hall (Yoga Workshop)
Tickets for this event are $10 and include access to both the cooking and yoga workshops. All attending must have a ticket, regardless of age.
► Purchase Workshop Tickets
Help us make your visit the best it can be! In addition to purchasing tickets, please complete the form below:
► Pre-Visit Questionnaire
Sensory-Friendly/Relaxed Programming at The Bushnell
Sensory-friendly performances and events are designed to create a performing arts experience that is welcoming to all families and friends with children or adults on the autism spectrum or with other sensitivity issues.
Slight adjustments to the production are made and accommodations for these performances will include:
• Lower sound level, especially for startling or loud sounds;
• Lights remain on at a low level in the theater during the performance;
• A reduction of strobe lighting or lighting focused on the audience;
• Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance;
• Patrons are allowed to bring in outside food and drinks into the theater;
• Designated quiet areas within the theater lobby spaces, staffed with autism specialists;
• Space throughout the theater for standing and movement;
• Limited crowds and visitors at The Bushnell during the day and timing of the performance; and
• Bushnell staff and volunteers are trained to be inviting and accommodating to families' needs.
Questions? Contact Catherine Gruszka Vadala at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See our list of supports and full lineup of Sensory-Friendly/Relaxed programming.