We believe our employees set us apart and help make us the dynamic and growing organization that we are today. We count on our employees’ skills, creativity, commitment, and energy to provide our customers with experiences and services that are unsurpassed. Our outstanding reputation strongly depends upon the dedication, commitment, and satisfaction of our employees. In light of that, we are actively involved in ongoing efforts to maintain a rewarding and productive environment for everyone who works here. Whether beginning your career at The Bushnell or bringing your skills to us from a lifetime of work experience, we will strive to help you grow so you can help us to continue to thrive.
The Bushnell Center for the Performing Arts
Position Title: Development Assistant
Reports to: Senior Manager, Database and Prospect Management
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Working Hours: Part-time, 25 hours with occasional nights & weekends
Broad Functions: This position is responsible for gift processing, daily reporting, gift acknowledgements and updating Raiser’s Edge database for The Bushnell.
Duties and Responsibilities: Responsible for Bushnell gift processing and database entry and maintenance; duties include:
- On a daily basis, collecting and entering all donations, and preparing all cash receipts for deposit;
- Analyzing and seeking supporting documentation in order to determine appropriate campaigns, funds, appeals for each gift to be processed;
- Processing credit card transactions;
- Preparing pledge reminders;
- Generating and mailing acknowledgements for all donations;
- Entering new constituents, constituent information, and institutional information into database;
- Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of database information;
- Scanning documents for Raiser’s Edge storage;
- Maintaining gift and individual hard-copy files and information for audit; and
- Providing Raiser’s Edge support to database users.
- Responding to and completing matching gift substantiation information
- Invoicing Ovations attendees for tickets and auction purchases.
Education and/or Experience: College degree and 2 years prior experience preferred.
Skills Required: Must have strong computer (minimum of MS Word and Excel experience), phone communication, and people skills. Must have superior time-management skills. Must be articulate, organized, and able to function in a fast paced work environment. Ability to work successfully within a team and with external customers is essential.
The Bushnell is a Not-For-Profit, Equal Opportunity Employer, proud to serve Connecticut and its citizens.
Please submit resumes to:
The Bushnell Human Resources Department
166 Capitol Avenue
Hartford, CT 06106
Or email to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Bushnell is an equal opportunity employer and complies with applicable federal and state fair employment practice laws. The Bushnell does not discriminate and will not tolerate discrimination against employees or applicants because of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, civil union status, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, mental retardation or physical disability any other reason prohibited by any applicable law or regulation. Neither the Union nor the Employer will discriminate against any employee with regard to any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, civil union status, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, mental retardation, physical disability, or any other reason prohibited by any applicable law or regulation.