Diversity and Inclusion
At The Bushnell Center for the Performing Arts, we celebrate and foster inclusion through the unique attributes, characteristics, abilities, and perspectives of all individuals. As part of our core mission, we are dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive cultural campus that reflects our commitment to an environment where everyone feels welcomed, valued, and included, onstage and off. This sense of belonging empowers individuals and unites communities by creating mutual respect and appreciation.
The Bushnell Center for the Performing Arts
Position Title: Event Coordinator – Part time
Department: Event Services
Reports to: Senior Manager, Event Services
FLSA status: Non-Exempt - Hourly
Working Hours: Evening and Weekend Availability is a Must
Broad Functions: Provide a range of support for special events and event enhancements including but not limited to day-of oversight of private events. Serve as the primary Bushnell contact with clients, catering managers, vendors, and other Bushnell support staff to problem solve and ensure guest satisfaction. Position requires a reliable, enthusiastic and customer-oriented person with excellent communications skills and a demonstrated ability to anticipate guest needs and exceed their expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review event documentation and/or meet with supervisor prior to every event and fulfilling assigned responsibilities.
- With enthusiasm - welcome and engage guests, answer questions, provide direction, and ensure guest needs are met.
- Maintaining professionalism at all times before, during, and after the event.
- Placing coat rack(s) with hangers in event spaces prior to events and properly storing them once events have concluded.
- Placing easels in event spaces according to set up requirements and storing them at the conclusion of events.
- Organizing supplies and maintaining the cleanliness of Event Services storage areas.
- Communicating and addressing client issues and problems in a timely and accurate manner.
- Providing attentive and courteous coat check services for special events.
- Breaking down event space once the event has concluded.
- Fostering a positive working relationship between all departments, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Maintaining high standards of personal appearance and grooming, including compliance with The Bushnell dress code.
- Perform all other appropriate duties and responsibilities when necessary.
Education and/or Experience: College degree or equivalent related experience.
The Bushnell is a Not-For-Profit, Equal Opportunity Employer, proud to serve Connecticut and its citizens.
Please submit resumes to:
The Bushnell Human Resources Department
166 Capitol Avenue
Hartford, CT 06106
Or email to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Bushnell is an equal opportunity employer and complies with applicable federal and state fair employment practice laws. The Bushnell does not discriminate and will not tolerate discrimination against employees or applicants because of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, civil union status, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, mental retardation or physical disability any other reason prohibited by any applicable law or regulation. Neither the Union nor the Employer will discriminate against any employee with regard to any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, civil union status, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, mental retardation, physical disability, or any other reason prohibited by any applicable law or regulation.