Services and Policies
HEALTH & SAFETY UPDATE: COVID-19
The Bushnell is committed to the health and safety of our patrons, volunteers, artists, and staff. Please visit our dedicated COVID-19 page to get the most up to date information on our additional measures as well as in our community.
Safety and Security
- The safety and security of all Bushnell guests is a top priority.
- All guests are strongly encouraged to arrive at least one hour before the show begins to allow time to park, go through security, and locate your seat.
- For more information and list of prohibited items, please visit our Security Policies page.
- The performance start time is printed on your ticket.
- Lobbies open two (2) hours prior to most performance and theater seating begins approximately 30 minutes prior to each event start time.
- The production company may require late arrivals to wait outside the theater doors until a designated break in the performance. For your convenience, closed circuit televisions are located in the lobbies.
Refunds and Exchanges
- Refunds are not available, except in the case of performance cancellation.
- Ticket exchanges are limited and subject to availability, and the original tickets must first be returned to the theater.
- When exchanges are allowed, there is a $5.00 charge per ticket.
- Everyone attending performances at The Bushnell must have a ticket, regardless of age. To ensure optimum enjoyment for all patrons, we recommend that children under 5 only attend shows in the Robinson & Cole Family Series and The Bushnell Children’s Theatre.
- The Bushnell staff reserves the right to ask any parents/guardians whose children cause disruptions during a performance to leave the theater.
- Booster seats are available at each seating level on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A family restroom, equipped with a changing table, is located on the third level of Belding Theater.
- The Bushnell understands that many guests are allergic or sensitive to chemicals in aftershaves, colognes, and perfumes.
- The Bushnell requests that patrons refrain from wearing artificial scents of any kind when attending performances.
- Although animals are not allowed within the facility, certified-trained Service Animals as allowed by law are permitted.
- If you intend to bring a service animal to an event, please notify your ticket representative at the time of purchase so that an appropriate seat may be purchased for you.
- The Bushnell is equipped with First Aid kits on all levels of the facility.
- Contact a Bushnell staff member if you are in need of medical assistance.
- Cellular phones, pagers and other electronic devices should be silenced prior to entering the theater.
- Text messaging and the use of other devices that cause unnecessary light are prohibited in the theater.
Photography and Recording
- No audio or visual recording devices are permitted into the theater. The use of cellular phones for recording or photography is also prohibited, unless stated otherwise.
Emergency Contact Numbers
- The best way to be contacted during an emergency is to set your cellular phone or pager to vibrate. The emergency contact telephone number during events is our Customer Relations line at 860.987.5990. Please be sure to leave your seat location information with your babysitter, as The Bushnell will not page ticket holders during an event.
Food and Beverage
- Outside food and beverages are not permitted.
- Beverage services and snacks are available throughout The Bushnell’s lobbies. Light fare is available at The Bushnell’s Café, located in the Box Office. For additional options, please see The Bushnell’s Dining page.
- Beverages are allowed into the theater on a show-by-show basis.
Lost and Found
- Contact Bushnell Security at 860.987.6061 to inquire about possible recovery of lost items. If you have lost an item while at an event, please see a Bushnell staff member for assistance.
- During performances, the Concierge desk, located on the Promenade level, is open through the end of the show to assist you. For assistance during business hours, call 860.987.6059.
- Souvenirs are available in the lobby areas for select performances.
- Show related merchandise is sold by the show’s producing organization and therefore The Bushnell is not responsible for defective merchandise.
- An ATM is located in the Box Office Lobby.
- The Bushnell is a smoke-free facility.