Policies and Services
The safety and security of all Bushnell guests is a top priority.
The following policies went into effect as of April 1, 2018:
Bushnell Bag Policy
- All bags are subject to search
- Backpacks and bags larger than 12”x12”x6” are prohibited
- Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items and diaper bags after proper inspection
- Anyone exiting the building will be subject to search upon re-entry.
The Bushnell would like to remind our guests that the following are prohibited:
- Outside Food, Beverage and Alcohol
- Helium balloons, beach balls or other projectiles
- Backpacks or Large bags (larger than 12”x12”x6")
- Noisemakers or air horns
- Animals (with the exception trained service animals)
- Laser pointers
- Illegal Drugs
- Weapons of any kind (including props/toys)
- Any items deemed dangerous or inappropriate by Bushnell Management
Guests found in possession of prohibited items will be asked to immediately remove the items from the premises.
- An ATM is located in the Box Office Lobby.
- Everyone attending performances at The Bushnell must have a ticket, regardless of age. To ensure optimum enjoyment for all patrons, we recommend that children under 5 only attend shows in the Robinson & Cole Family Series and The Bushnell Children’s Theatre.
- The Bushnell staff reserves the right to ask any parents/guardians whose children cause disruptions during a performance to leave the theater.
- Booster seats are available at each seating level on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A family restroom, equipped with a changing table, is located on the third level of Belding Theater.
- Cellular phones, pagers and other electronic devices should be silenced prior to entering the theater.
- Text messaging and the use of other devices that cause unnecessary light are prohibited in the theater.
- During performances, the Concierge desk, located on the Promenade level, is open through the end of the show to assist you. For assistance during business hours, call 860.987.6059.
Emergency Contact Numbers
- The best way to be contacted during an emergency is to set your cellular phone or pager to vibrate. The emergency contact telephone number during events is our Customer Relations line at 860.987.5990. Please be sure to leave your seat location information with your babysitter, as The Bushnell will not page ticketholders during an event.
- The Bushnell is equipped with First Aid kits on all levels of the facility.
- Contact a Bushnell staff member if you are in need of medical assistance.
Food and Beverage
- Outside food and beverages are not permitted.
- Beverage services and snacks are available throughout The Bushnell’s lobbies. Light fare is available at The Bushnell’s Café, located in the Box Office. For additional options, please see The Bushnell’s Dining page.
- Beverages are allowed into the theater on a show-by-show basis.
- Plan to arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to the performance time printed on your ticket.
- Lobbies open one hour prior to performance time and theater seating begins 30 minutes prior to each event.
- Late seating will be at the discretion of the production company, and requires that late audience members wait to enter the theater until a designated break in the performance. For your convenience, closed circuit televisions are located in the lobbies.
Lost and Found
- Contact Bushnell Security at 860.987.6061 to inquire about possible recovery of lost items. If you have lost an item while at an event, please see a Bushnell staff member for assistance.
- Souvenirs are available in the lobby areas for select performances.
- Show related merchandise is sold by the show’s producing organization and therefore The Bushnell is not responsible for defective merchandise.
- Bushnell logo items are available at Customer Relations.
Photography and Recording
- No audio or visual recording devices are permitted into the theater. The use of cellular phones for recording or photography is also prohibited, unless stated otherwise.
Refunds and Exchanges
- Refunds are not available, except in the case of performance cancellation.
- Ticket exchanges are limited and subject to availability, and the original tickets must first be returned to the theater.
- When exchanges are allowed, there is a $5.00 charge per ticket.
- The Bushnell prohibits weapons of any kind on its premises.
- All persons and bags may be subject to a search.
- The Bushnell staff reserves the right to ask any patron creating a disturbance to leave the theater. Noise, including talking, unwrapping candy, singing or humming, should be kept to a minimum while inside the theater.
- The Bushnell is a smoke-free facility.