Sensory Friendly Performances
Sensory-friendly performances are designed to create a performing arts experience that is welcoming to all families and friends with children or adults who are diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder or other sensitivity issues.
Slight adjustments to the production are made and accommodations for these performances will include:
- Lower sound level, especially for startling or loud sounds;
- Lights remain on at a low level in the theater during the performance;
- A reduction of strobe lighting or lighting focused on the audience;
- Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance;
- Designated quiet areas within the theater, staffed with autism specialists;
- Space throughout the theater for standing and movement;
- Limited crowds and visitors at the The Bushnell during the day and timing of the performance; and
- Bushnell staff and volunteers trained to be inviting and accommodating to families' needs.
A “meet your seat” opportunity will be offered prior to the performance so that families may have the opportunity to visit the theater space in advance of their visit.
SENSORY FRIENDLY SERVICES SPONSORED BY: