This event has been postponed.
You will be notified of the new date once it has been determined. Thank you for your patience. Read our most recent COVID-19 Health & Safety Update.
Join us for a gentle yoga class that includes a mixture of stretching, standing poses, balancing poses, relaxation postures and mindful attention to the body and the breath. A chance to move the body in a light and fun atmosphere! Parents, caregivers and staff are welcome to participate as well.
This workshop is based on the specific needs of children on the Autism spectrum.The workshop is geared towards children ages 3 and up.
Workshops are $5 per child. Limited space available.
To reserve your spot, please call the Education department at 860-987-6079.
SPECIAL NOTE: This workshop is a relaxed event.
Relaxed events are designed to create an experience that is welcoming to all families and friends with children or adults who are diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder or other sensitivity issues.
Accommodations for these events will include:
- Lights remain on at a low level during the event;
- Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the event;
- Designated quiet areas within the theater lobby spaces, staffed with autism specialists;
- Space throughout the event space for standing and movement;
- Limited crowds and visitors at The Bushnell during the day and timing of the event; and
- Bushnell staff and volunteers are trained to be inviting and accommodating to families' needs.